Per the article below, return to work services are more important. Consider doing all you can to assess your injured workers’ abilities along with ‘disabilities’ as the more you know about your employee the greater the opportunity for returning and keeping that employee.
- Offer free testing to the affected employee.
- Start the process sooner vs. later.
- Employee can take the assessments at home, at a coffee shop, or even at work.
- The program is available 24/7, online in English and some in Spanish at this time.
- Use the information as a DIY process or use our professional services.
- Saves time, costs and benefits both you and the employee greatly.
–Alan – Founder @ Sosrtw.com
Jobless Claims in U.S. Rise to Four-Week High
Bloomberg (01/26/17) Patricia Laya
The number of people applying for unemployment benefits rose by 22,000 to a four-week high of 259,000 in the period ended Jan. 21, which included the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Economists surveyed by Bloomberg had forecast claims of 247,000. Jobless claims have remained below 300,000 for 99 consecutive weeks, the longest streak since 1970 and a threshold economists say is indicative of a healthy labor market. The four-week average of claims fell 2,000 to 245,500.